It is not enough that your child is only healthy physically and for that, you as parents have a lot of responsibility. A lot of things happening in the house around you has different effects on your child. Therefore, here are a few tips laid down by Dr Kamna Chibber,clinical psychologist, Fortis healthcare, about how to talk and fight and act around kids:
- Ensure the right kind of environment: To maintain the overall emotional well being of your children it is very important that your child feels safe. At a very young age, your children should be exposed to things that are positive and enlightening.
- Don’t have a controversial conversation that can turn to disagreement in front of your children. They are young and there’s only so much they can understand. It will only lead to inducing fear and confusion in them. Even if some disagreements turn up, just avoid it for some time.
- If by any chance they see you have a disagreement, do not pretend as if nothing happened. Talking to them is important. confront the topic in a very neutral manner so that the fear is gone and they feel secure.
- Encourage your child to share his thoughts if he or she is struggling with something, ask them if something is bothering them and make them feel that it is okay to speak their mind.
- They should feel supported: Keep talking to them and remind her that it is okay to feel whatever they are feeling at that time. And that they shouldn’t compromise their emotional well-being.
Want more tips on any other topic? Put your queries down in the comment section below.
Published: October 18, 2017 12:53 pm