The blend of onions, carrots and tomatoes give this dish a perfect flavour. It can be a filling and nourishing dish and can be a good option for lunch or dinner. This whole grain pasta is cooked in olive oil, which makes it a great option for diabetics. The dish is also full of antioxidant vitamins, heart healthy fats and body building proteins. Also, read red pasta vs white sauce pasta–which is healthier?
- 1 cup fusilli pasta
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 1 carrot (sliced)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves (chopped)
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 cup pepper powder
- 1/4 cup fresh cream
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Some fresh parsley
- Salt to taste
- Put pepper, carrot and onion on a tray. Sprinkle oil and cook in the oven at 180-degree centigrade for 10 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and blend with a little water in a mixer.
- Boil sufficient water in a pan. Add pasta, salt, oil and cook till its done. Drain and refresh in cold water. Add olive oil and mix. Keep aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add garlic, vegetable puree and tomato puree. Mix well. Add salt and pepper powder and cook.
- Add boiled pasta and mix. Add fresh cream and dried basil. Mix well.
- Transfer onto a serving dish and garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot.
Published: February 10, 2015 10:40 am