A delicious blend of cherries, prunes and almonds combine together with bread and cream to make this pudding. The yummy addition of the dry fruits makes this dessert a guilt-free treat. The cherries added to the pudding are packed with many healthy nutrients, antioxidants and essential vitamins that make them perfect to indulge. The almonds and prunes are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids which make them ideal for weight loss. If you are watching your weight, you can also try this coconut and brown rice pudding.
- 1/2 cup cherries (canned)
- 3-4 prunes
- 1/4 cup almonds (sliced)
- 4 slices brown bread (2 inches cube)
- 1 tbsp brandy
- 1/2 cup cherry juice
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup cream
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp cherry jam
- 10-12 fresh cherries
- Take bread slices in a bowl. Pour the brandy and two tablespoons of cherry juice over it and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix egg, cream and sugar. Add canned cherries and prunes and mix.
- Add brandy-soaked bread, sliced almonds and cinnamon powder and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture into a microwave glass bowl and cook on microwave high for five minutes. Allow standing time of two minutes.
- For the sauce take cherry jam, remaining cherry juice and fresh cherries in a pan and cook for five minutes. Pour the sauce over the pudding and serve warm.
Meanwhile you and your partner can participate in this valentine day contest.
Image & Video source: Zee Khana Khazana Official Channel/YouTube
Published: February 10, 2015 5:35 pm | Updated:February 10, 2015 5:38 pm