When you think of snacks, the calorie-laden fries and cookies could be the first thing that comes to your mind. However, you can always swap your unhealthy snack with healthier ones, like this one. This garlic tomato salsa is a quick Mexican delicacy prepared with garlic and herbs. It is low on calorie and cholesterol and can be served as a heart-friendly snack when served with baked tortilla chips. Tomatoes are also rich in antioxidants that can boost your immune system. You can also try this grapes and walnut dip. Also, serve your sandwiches and other snacks with this spinach dip.
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped spring onion whites
- 1/4 cup finely chopped spring onion greens
- 1/2 tsp dry chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- A pinch of sugar (optional)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick, add the garlic and saute on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onion whites and greens and saute on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes while stirring continuously and mashing lightly using a potato masher.
- Add the salt, chilli flakes, mixed herbs, sugar, coriander and 1 tbsp of water. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Cool slightly and serve with baked tortilla chips.
Image source: Getty Images
Video source: Tarla Dalal/YouTube
Published: February 3, 2016 5:20 pm