Beetroot is often an underrated vegetable, but it packs in some serious health benefits. Beetroot has plenty of antioxidants that give your immune system a boost and also help in maintaining healthy hair and skin. Betacyanin, an antioxidant in beetroot also helps reduce cholesterol levels and is thus healthy for your heart. So now you have enough reasons to include beetroot in your diet. Try this healthy beetroot soup that has a zesty flavour and an irresistible creaminess. You may also want to try this healthy beetroot dhokla by chef Ranveer Brar
- 1/2 tsp garlic (lehsun paste)
- 2 medium sized beetroot (unpeeled)
- 1 tsp low-fat butter
- 1 tbsp whole whet flour (gehun ka atta)
- 3/4th cup low-fat milk, 99.7% fat-free
- Freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
- Salt to taste
- Combine the beetroot with enough water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Drain out excess water and keep aside to cool slightly.
- Peel the beetroot and roughly chop them.
- Combine the chopped beetroot with 1 cup of water in a mixer and blend into a smooth mixture. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the whole wheat flour and cook over a medium flame for 1 minute while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, mix well using a whisk and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute or till no lumps remain while stirring continuously.
- Add the beetroot mixture, garlic paste, salt pepper, and 1 cup of water. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve immediately.
Image source: Getty Images
Video source: Tarla Dalal/YouTube
Published: March 4, 2016 4:48 pm