Love to eat dips with finger foods? Try this low-cal salsa dip which is low in calories, extremely healthy and has a sweet taste to it. Here paneer (cottage cheese) and curd are mixed well and the dill leaves are added for a nice herbal flavour. This dip is not only low in fat but also high in protein and calcium. The chillies further enhance the taste and health quotient. You may want to know the calorie count of different sauces and dips.
- 1 tbsp chopped dill leaves (shepu/suva bhaji)
- 2 and 1/2 cups low-fat milk, 99.7% fat-free
- 1/2 cup low-fat curd (dahi)
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 2 tbsp low-fat milk, 99.7% fat-free
- Baked chips or whole wheat breadsticks
- Combine the curd and salt, mix well and keep aside.
- Put the milk to boil in a deep non-stick pan.
- When it starts boiling, add the salted curd, dill leaves, green chillies and mix well.
- Remove from the flame and stir gently till the milk curdles. This would take approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Strain it using a strainer, discard the whey and keep the suva-paneer mixture aside to cool slightly.
- Add 2 tablespoon of milk to the suva-paneer mixture and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour. Serve chilled with bread chips or whole wheat breadsticks.
- After you remove the pan from the flame if the milk does not curdle, cook the mixture again for a minute.
- The whey that is left behind can be used to make dal, soups or knead the chapati dough.
Image source: Getty Images
Video source: Tarla Dalal/YouTube
Published: December 31, 2015 12:19 pm