If you are dealing with gluten intolerance, it can be difficult to determine which foods will support your needs. When you eliminate the whole grains from your diet, you will feel lucky that there are plenty delicious of gluten-free options that won’t leave you feeling deprived. Here is one such recipe and you are sure to find your new favourite in this tomato pulp which you can use to prepare your sabji. Plus tomatoes contain lycopene that has cancer-fighting properties. Tomatoes are extremely low in calories and can be perfect if you are on a weight loss diet. It takes very little time to make and you can store it in the refrigerator for months. So, don’t hesitate to stock up on tomatoes the next time you visit a supermarket. You may also want to try this healthy tomato and cinnamon soup and baked stuffed tomatoes.
- 8 big tomatoes
- Water for boiling
- Boil a vesselful of water in a deep pan.
- Scoop out and discard the tomato eyes using the tip of a sharp knife.
- Make a criss-cross cut at the base of each tomato.
- Put them in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove and immerse them in cold water for some time.
- When the tomatoes are cool peel and discard the skin and seeds.
- Chop roughly and blend in a mixture to a smooth pulp.
- Use as required.
- Handy tip: If frozen, fresh tomato pulp can last for months.
Image source: Getty Images
Video source: Tarla Dalal/YouTube
Published: March 7, 2016 6:41 pm