We totally cannot do without the sweetmeats in the festive season. With Holi around, gujiyas are prepared in almost all households. The gujiyas can be made healthy if you use less oil and add fruits such as pineapple and cherries to them. The sugar goes out and the fruits take the place of making them healthy. You can also try this healthy low-calorie Indian dessert recipe.
- 4 tbsp flour
- 150 g khoya
- 1 tbsp chopped pineapple
- 1 tbsp chopped cherry
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp chopped cashew nut and almond
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- Oil for frying
- Mix oil in flour and prepare a dough.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry khoya.
- Also, add the pineapple, cherry and resins. Then add chopped cashew nut, almond and sugar.
- Make poori of the dough and place the khoya mixture and shape it like a gujiya.
- Serve gujiya with red cherry and pineapple.
Video & Image source: Zee Khana Khazana Official Channel/YouTube
Published: March 3, 2015 4:52 pm | Updated:March 20, 2015 6:12 pm