If you are looking for a healthy evening snack, look no further than this one. The protein from moong dal and fibre from oats combine here to make a satiating and delicious low-calorie snack. Plus, it can be excellent if you are on a weight loss goal. Combine the tikkis with your favourite chutney and you have an amazing tea time snack ready!
- 1/2 cup yellow moong dal (split yellow gram)
- 1/2 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 2 tbsp fresh curd (dahi)
- 3 tbsp grated onions
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic chillies
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak lehsun) paste
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 2 tsp oil for greasing and cooking
- Salt to taste
- Clean, wash and boil the moong dal in 1 cup of water till the dal is soft and cooked and all the water is evaporated.
- Drain and blend the dal in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into a 63mm round flat tikki.
- Lightly grease a non-stick tava(griddle) using 1/2 tsp of oil till it is evenly cooked from both the sides.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
You may also want to try:
Image source: Getty Images
Video source: Tarla Dalal/YouTube
Published: October 20, 2015 11:27 am