The Parsi New Year also known as Pateti or Navroz is finally here and like any other festival in India, this too is incomplete without the mouthwatering delicacies. Akoori is one of the dishes which finds its way into the Parsi house every year. And for those who are bored with the regular boiled eggs and omelette for breakfast, you must bookmark this delicious Parsi recipe. Akoori is basically scrambled eggs prepared with a lot of spices. It can be prepared in a jiffy. What’s more, eggs are rich in protein which will give you the much-needed energy to kick start your day . You know that you should always eat toast with eggs so serve this yummy scrambled egg with brown bread toast. If you are looking for some more Pateti dishes try this ravo recipe and Patra ni macchi recipe.
- 6 eggs
- 1/4th cup milk
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1-inch ginger (chopped)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 2 green chillies (chopped)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1/4th tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Crack eggs. Add salt and milk and whisk.
- Heat oil and ghee in a kadai. Saute cumin seeds, ginger and onion.
- Add green chillies and tomato and continue to saute. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and saute.
- Add eggs and cook stirring continuously till the eggs are cooked.
- Add coriander leaves and mix.
Serve hot with brown bread.
Image source: Getty Images
Video source: Zee Khana Khazana Official Channel/YouTube
Published: August 17, 2016 9:54 am | Updated:August 16, 2017 12:34 pm