- Dry roast sesame seeds in a pan for 3-4 minutes on medium flame or till they change colour.
- Keep stirring continuously.
- Now keep this aside and in the same pan, add grated or powdered jaggery.
- To this add 2-3 tbsp of water.
- Allow it to melt on slow flame but keep stirring continuously.
- To test if the jaggery or gur is completely done, take a bowl of cold water and add a drop of the melted jaggery in it. It should form a small ball and not spread in the water.
- Once this happens, add the roasted sesame seeds in the same pan and stir well.
- You could also add roasted dry fruits and nuts to this mixture.
- Now take out the mixture in a plate and dip your fingers in ghee.
- Make small balls of this mixture and place them in another plate.
- Serve. You can also store these laddus for 2-3 months during winters.
Video source: Zee Khana Khazana Official Channel
Image source: Getty (for representational purpose only)
Published: January 14, 2015 1:42 pm | Updated:January 14, 2015 4:45 pm