Prepared with garlic and a variety of vegetables, this is a very flavourful and scrumptious soup. The ingredients combine here to make a heart-healthy concoction. The oats added to the soup make it rich in fibre, which will keep you full for longer and aid in weight loss.
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic(lehsun)
- 1 cup chopped and boiled mixed vegetables(french beans, carrots, green peas and cauliflower)
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 tbsp cooking rolled oats
- 2 tabsp chopped coriander(dhania)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper(kalimirch) to taste
- Heat oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and onion and saute on a medium flame for 1- 2 minutes.
- Add the mixed vegetables, 3 cups of water, salt and pepper. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the oats and coriander, mix well, and cook on a medium flame for another 1 minute.
- Serve hot.
You may also want to try:
Image source: Getty Images
Video source: Tarla Dalal/YouTube
Published: August 12, 2015 5:01 pm | Updated:August 12, 2015 5:02 pm