This whole wheat pasta is easy to prepare, delicious and very healthy. Prepared with whole wheat and full of veggies, it is rich in both fibre and antioxidants. It can be a great option if you are on a weight loss plan as it is low in calories.
- 1 cup cooked wheat pasta(penne)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic(lehsun)
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1 and 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup sliced, coloured capsicum (red, yellow and green)
- 1/4 cup blanched broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup blanched carrot juliennes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dry red chilli flakes
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and saute on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and saute on a medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the whole wheat flour, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1-2 minutes or till the wheat flour turns light brown in colour, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1-2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the capsicum, broccoli, carrot, whole wheat pasta, salt, oregano and chilli flakes. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve immediately.
You may also want to try:
Image source: Getty Images
Video source: Tarla Dalal/YouTube
Published: August 11, 2015 7:06 pm