Looking for a quick and light yet filling meal without much fuss? Then you should try this amazing minty vegetable oats soup. This healthy soup contains oats which make it fibre-rich and aids in weight loss, while vegetable stock and chopped vegetables in it make it a nutrient-filled food option. Mint, garlic, ginger, chillies and soy sauce add in the flavour and aroma. This soup has a unique Chinese touch owing to the style of preparation. You can also try these salad dressing recipes for weight loss.
Preparation time for this soup is 15 minutes. The cooking time is only seven minutes, and it serves four people.
- ¼ cup finely chopped mint leaves (pudina)
- ½ cup finely chopped cabbage
- ½ cup finely chopped carrot
- ½ cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- ½ tsp finely chopped ginger (adrak)
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 3 cups basic vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (kali mirch) to taste
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the cabbage and carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the oats and sauté on a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and basic vegetable stock, mix well and bring to boil.
- Add the salt, pepper, mint leaves and lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
Video and Image Source: Tarla Dalal/ YouTube (used for representational purpose only)
Published: June 9, 2016 5:27 pm