Paneer jalfrezi is a delicious and healthy vegetarian dish that can go very well with your wraps and rotis. This colourful dish is packed with the goodness of vitamins and minerals found in the vegetables. Blended with coriander leaves, this dish also has a very rich flavour. Since paneer has abundant protein, it releases energy slowly in the body and does not cause a spike in one’s blood sugar levels. This dish keeps one satiated for long after and helps beat hunger pangs. You may also want to know the calorie count of your favourite dishes made of paneer.
- 1 large sized carrot (blanched)
- 10 French beans (blanched)
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium capcicium
- 400 g paneer (cut into 2 inch batons)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 whole red chillies
- 2 medium onions (thick slices)
- 2 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 inch pieces ginger
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1 and 1/2tbsp vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, red chillies and saute. Add sliced onions and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add carrot, french beans, red pepper, yellow pepper, green capsicum and mix.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and salt and stir.
- Add paneer, ginger, coriander leaves, vinegar and mix.
- Serve hot.
Image source: Getty Images
Video source: Zee Khana Khazana Official Channel
Published: January 12, 2015 11:11 pm | Updated:January 21, 2015 2:01 pm