Here is a tasty recipe you can impress your partner with this Valentine. The figs, the dates and the walnuts combine in this recipe with honey to give a unique distinct flavour. Apart from being a tasty treat the cookies are extremely healthy. Figs are packed with fibre that help beat constipation and also remove toxins from the body. The sugar coated dates are low in sodium, fats and cholesterol which makes them extremely heart healthy. You can also try this healthy date shake.
- 1 and 3/4th cup refined flour(maida)
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 5 tbsp dried figs(finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp mixed spices
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp dried dates(finely chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 175 g rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts(finely chopped)
- Pinch of salt
- Take a bowl, add butter and whisk. Add dried figs, brown sugar and honey and mix.
- In a bowl, add vanilla essence, mixed spices, pinch of salt, baking soda and chopped dates and mix.
- In a bowl, break the eggs and beat well.
- Add the mixture of (vanilla essence, mixed spice and dates) and mix. Add the butter and dried figs mixture and mix well.
- Add walnuts and mix well. Add maida and rolled oats and mix.
- Grease a baking tray with oil. Put a tablespoon of batter onto the greased tray keeping enough distance between each spoonful. Bake in a preheated oven at 180-degree centigrade for 25 minutes.
- Cool and serve
Meanwhile, if you think you are a healthy couple please participate in this contest.
Published: February 6, 2015 5:06 pm