Make valentine’s day perfect with this yummy chocolate pancake. The scrumptious, delectable taste of dark chocolate with ‘oh so wonderful’ strawberry and banana sauce also have a lot of health benefits to offer. Dark chocolates contain a compound called phenylethylamine (PEA) which releases mood-enhancing endorphins that flood our bodies when you fall in love and helps deepen the bond between two people.
Dark chocolates are known to keep heart diseases at bay, lower blood pressure and lower cholesterol. They are also low in calories as compared to regular chocolate as it contains less sugar and milk. You can also try this healthy strawberry mocktail.
- 100 g dark chocolate (grated)
- 1/4 cup refined flour or maida
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- 25-30 strawberries
- 4 small bananas
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp castor sugar
- Take refined flour in a bowl. Take baking powder, eggs, milk and whisk.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave or double boiler. Add melted chocolate and coconut to whisk till well blended. Add oil to make a smooth batter and whisk some more.
- Heat a non-stick pan, add a little oil. Pour a ladle full of batter and rotate to spread it all around the pan. Cook on medium heat till the underside is done. Flip over and cook till the other side is also done.
- Heat another pan and add butter, bananas and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add castor sugar and mix. Add strawberry puree and cook till it reaches the required consistency.
- Transfer the pancake onto a plate and pour some of the sauce over. Decorate with a strawberry fan and serve hot.
Video & Image source: Zee Khana Khazana Official Channel/YouTube
Published: February 5, 2015 4:27 pm