If you are running out of ideas of evening snacks, we have an exciting one for you. This rajma kebab can be just perfect to satiate you when that evening hunger pang strikes. Prepared with kidney beans or rajma, onions, ginger, and mashed potatoes this kebab is anything but oily. Being a rich source of protein kidney beans will boost your energy and help you stay awake and alert through the day. If you are a diabetic, you may want to try this spinach and chana dal kebab.
- 1 cup soaked and boiled rajma (kidney beans) lightly mashed
- 1 and 1/2 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger (adrak)
- 1 and 1/2 tsp finely chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup boiled, peeled and mashed potatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 3/4 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp oil for cooking
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add onion and saute on a medium flame till they turn translucent.
- Add ginger and green chillies and saute on a medium flame for another 30 seconds.
- Add the rajma, potatoes, coriander, salt, turmeric powder and garam masala. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes while stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Add the corn flour and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each into 50 mm or (2″) oval flat kebab.
- Cook each kebab on a non-stick tava (griddle) using 1/8 tsp of oil till they turn golden brown in both the sides. Serve with hot green chutney.
Image source: Getty Images (Image for representation only)
Video source: Tarla Dalal/YouTube
Published: May 3, 2016 6:05 pm