An evening snack can jump start your metabolism but what you choose to eat also matters. A high-fibre snack can make you feel satiated for longer and also makes you less likely to reach for calorie-dense foods later during the day. If you are running out of healthy snack ideas we have a delicious rescue for you. Your kids will also love this so you do not need to make two separate meals. Also, try this ragi nachos with healthy cream sauce.
To be blended into a smooth khatti-meethi chutney (using a little water)
- 2 cups chopped mint leaves (pudina)
- 1 cup chopped coriander (dhania)
- 4 to 6 green chilles, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup soaked and boiled kabuli chana (chick peas)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup boiled and peeled potato cubes
- 1/2 cup paneer (cottage cheese) cubes
- 1/4 cup khatti meethi chutney
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the tomatoes, potatoes, and kabuli chana, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the paneer and salt, mix lightly and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Wheen cooled, add 1/4 cup of khatti meethi chutney, lemon juice, and coriander and toss well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and serve chilled.
- Serve immediately.
Image source: Getty Images
Video source: Tarla Dalal/YouTube
Published: April 26, 2016 10:24 am