Egg rolls are a classic snack item. This egg roll recipe earns extra points for adding parsley and beetroot puree to it. Both parsley and beetroot are rich in vitamins, gives your immune system a boost, can help regulate your blood sugar levels and keep anaemia at bay.
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4-5 tbsp beetroot puree
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- 1-2 tsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Black pepper powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- Finely chopped parsley
- In a pan, add butter and beetroot puree, salt and black pepper powder to prepare a mixture.
- Now in a bowl, whisk egg and add milk, salt, black pepper powder, finely chopped parsley and lime juice.
- Then in another pan heat butter and cook the whisked egg mixture on it to make an omelette.
- Remove the omelette on aluminium foil and apply beetroot mixture on it. Now place one more omelette on top and fold it together.
- Garnish the prepared roll with lettuce leaves and finely chopped parsley.
Image for representation purpose only
You may also like to read:
Diet tips to beat anaemia and increase haemoglobin levels in your body.
Image source: Shutterstock
Video source: Zee Khana Khazana Official Channel/YouTube
Published: April 24, 2015 12:17 pm