Tandoori chicken is one of the healthiest non-vegetarian foods. It is low in fat and calories as it can be prepared without using oil, ghee or butter. Grilling ensures that much of the nutritional content is retained in the food, hence, there is minimal loss of moisture and vitamins. Follow these healthy grilling tips for a nutrient-rich appetizer.
First round of marinade:
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
Second round of marinade:
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp kasoori methi
- 200 g yogurt
- Marinate the chicken with lemon juice, ginger garlic paste and salt. Keep it aside for 30 mins.
- Now marinate the chicken with mustard oil, red chilli powder, garam masala powder kasoori methi and yogurt. Keep it aside for 2 to 4 hours, so that the flavours are deepened into the chicken pieces.
- Cook on tandoor and garnish with onion rings, green coriander, lemon wedges and mint chutney.
TIP: For a healthy treat – skip garnishing it with butter.
What are you waiting for? Go prepare this delicious delicacy without compromising your healthy eating habits.
Image source: Shutterstock
Video source: Chop Chop Chopra/YouTube
Published: June 16, 2015 8:40 pm | Updated:June 17, 2015 10:34 am