A good way to snack is by eating something light but also healthy. Here is an innovative way to eat semolina or suji this Easters.Here’s a pancake recipe that will easily satisfy you. You can prepare this in a jiffy with a few simple ingredients. Prepared with semolina or suji this pancake can be an excellent source of iron, zinc, phosphorus and magnesium. Semolina is made up of durum wheat which means it keeps you full for a longer period of time and prevents you from overeating. You may also want to try this heart-healthy date and walnut balls.
- 1/2 cup semolina (rawa/sooji)
- 3/4 cup curd (dahi)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
- 2 tsp fruit salt
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- For serving
- Coconut chutney
- Combine the semolina, curd and 1 cup of butter in a bowl, mix well and allow it to soak for 30 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, carrot, coriander, green chillies, and salt and mix well.
- Just before making the pancakes add the fruit salt and 2 tbsp of water to the batter.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Add 1 tsp oil and mix well.
- Grease a non-stick mini uttapa pan with 1/2 tsp oil. Pour approximately 1 and 1/2 tbsp of batter into a mould and spread it lightly.
- Make 6 to 7 more uttapas at a time and cook using a little oil till they turn crisp and golden brown on both the sides.
- Repeat step 7 to make one more batch of pancakes.
- Serve immediately with coconut chutney.
Image source: Getty Images (Image for representation only)
Video source: Tarla Dalal/YouTube
Published: March 24, 2016 1:30 pm