Festivals or other auspicious occasions are the best times to cook something special and delicious! This Mahashivratri, try this delicious and healthy Rava or Sooji thalipeeth or semolina pancakes. Thalipeeth is an authentic and a popular Maharashtrian dish. You can have this as a snack or a light dinner. Check out the recipe, try it out and do send us pictures on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Here’s how you can make a healthy authentic bhajani thalipeeth.
- 1/2 cup Rava (semolina)
- 1 & 1/2 cup rice flour
- 4-5 tsp grated coconut
- 3-4 dried red chillies finely chopped
- Salt according to taste
- 3-4 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- Coriander according to requirement
- Add 1/2 cup Rava, 1 & 1/2 cup rice flour, 3-4 tbsp grated coconut, dried red chillies, salt, garlic, spring onion and coriander in a mixing bowl
- Add some water to the mixture and mix it properly
- Heat some oil in a pan
- Once the oil is warm and heated, take some part of the mixture with your hand and put it in the pan to fry. It would be better to make this in a non-stick pan.
- Cook each side for two minutes
- Once done, serve it on a plate with a dip or some chutney. Try this protein and calcium-rich dip to go along with the thalipeeth.
You can make two pancakes/thalipeeth with these measurements. Increase the quantity of ingredients as per your need and enjoy your food! Let us know if you loved in the comments below.
Image Source: YouTube/IndiaFoodNetwork
Recipe Source: Archana’s Rasoi
Published: March 4, 2016 6:51 pm | Updated:March 4, 2016 6:51 pm