Eggs are a powerhouse of proteins. A common misconception about eggs is that they are high in fat. However, experts believe that if you are on a weight loss regimen, or are planning to lose weight by eating healthy, you should start including eggs in your diet. And what better way than cooking them without oil/butter/ghee. This recipe also has cooked spinach and mushrooms. Spinach not only packs a nutritional punch, but also enhances your taste buds with its unique taste and flavour. Mushrooms too have a range of health benefits. Indulge in this fat-free, healthy recipe without guilt.
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 10 spinach leaves (chopped)
- 5 mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (chooped)
- 1 bread loaf
- 6 slices of chicken salami (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Heat water in a pan. Keep a ring in the centre. Add vinegar to the pan.
- When the water comes to a boil, add eggs.
- In another pan add chopped spinach, mushrooms and onions. Add salt and sprinkle some water in the pan.
- Cut the bread into thick slices. Place a slice on the serving plate. Put the cooked vegetables on it.
- Once the eggs are cooked, nicely drain off any water and place them above the bread and vegetables.
Optional: You may sprinkle chopped salami over the eggs.
Video source: Zee Khaana Khazana Official Channel/YouTube
Image source: Shutterstock
Published: May 29, 2015 3:58 pm | Updated:June 1, 2015 3:22 pm