Although mushrooms look dull unlike the colourful vegetables they have several health benefits. If you are not sure how will you cook mushrooms we have an easy recipe for you. You can prepare it in a jiffy and complement it with your rice or rotis. Cooked in very little oil it will also not add calories to your meal. Also, try this healthy mushroom omelette.
- 1 and 1/4th cups mushroom cubes
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 whole dry Kashmiri red chillies
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak lehsun) paste
- 1/2 cup onion paste
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 cup curd (dahi)
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
For the garnish:
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add cumin seeds and Kashmiri chillies and saute on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the ginger-garlic paste and saute on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onion paste and dried fenugreek leaves and saute on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the garam masala and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Then add the curd, salt half cup of water, mushrooms and sugar and mix well. Cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the mushrooms are soft, while stirring continuously. Then serve hot and garnish it with coriander.
Image source: Getty Images
Video source: Tarla Dalal/YouTube
Published: June 8, 2016 5:43 pm