Here is a simple and guilt-free way to include rice in your diet. Brown rice is rich in fibre and the vegetables enhance its vitamin value. This dish can be a perfect choice for your lunch and dinner. Serve this delicious golden rice with a sabzi.
- 1 and 1/2 cups brown rice
- 1 and 1/2 cups coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 cup mint leaves (chopped)
- 8 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 green chillies (chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-inch cinnamon stick
- 3 green cardamoms
- 8 cloves
- 1-inch ginger (chopped)
- 1 medium carrot (scrubbed and cubed)
- 8 cauliflower (small florets)
- 4 and 1/2 cups vegetable stock or water
- 4 French beans (1/2-inch pieces)
- Salt to taste
- For green chutney, grind coriander leaves, mint leaves, garlic and green chillies to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cinnamon, green cardamom, cloves and ginger and saute till fragrant. Add carrot, cauliflower and brown rice and mix well.
- Add 3 tbsps of green chutney, salt, vegetable stock and French beans and mix.
- When the mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook till the rice is done.
- Serve hot.
You may also want to try:
Image source: Shutterstock Images
Video source Zee Khana Khazana Official Channel/YouTube
Published: June 10, 2015 6:58 pm