This masala milk with almonds and pistachios is a very healthy drink, ideal for children. The drink is packed with calcium, phosphorous and protein that is essential in building healthy bones and teeth in children. Studies have shown that consuming milk can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and calcium lowers the levels of bad cholesterol in the blood, which is known to increase the risk of heart disease. The almonds added to the drink can enhance memory power in children. Here is another healthy soup recipe for children.
- 5 cups milk
- Pinch of saffron
- 1/4 tsp green cardamom powder
- A pinch of nutmeg powder
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 15 almonds (blanched and ground)
- 15 pistachios (blanched and ground)
- Boil milk in a non-stick pan till the milk reduces and thickens.
- Add saffron, green cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and sugar, and simmer for sometime.
- Add almonds and pistachios and mix well.
- Serve hot or cold.
Image source: Getty Images
Video source: Zee Khana Khazana Official Channel/YouTube
Published: January 19, 2015 3:57 pm | Updated:August 28, 2015 9:39 pm