Convincing the little ones to forgo their favourite foods like chocolate and cheese can be a daunting task. Here’s a kid-friendly recipe that is not only healthy but is also tasty to bring your kid to the dining table at meal time. Prepared with colourful vegetables and sweet corn this dish is extremely dense with nutrients. Sweet corn is not only crunchy but it is rich in minerals like zinc, phosphorus, magnesium and iron that is vital to keep the bones healthy. Corn is also packed with beta-carotene, a compound which helps in the formation of Vitamin A. This vitamin is known to improve your child’s vision also prevent various eye-related problems. You may also want to prepare these healthy recipes that kids love. If you are still running out of ideas, this masoor dal uttapam can be an excellent breakfast option for kids.
- 1 cup boiled sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped capsicum
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1/2 cup apple cubes (with the skin)
- 1/4 cup orange segments
- Salt to taste
For the garnish:
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and saute on a medium flame till the onions turn light brown in colour.
- Add the capsicum and corn and saute on a medium flame for a minute.
- Transfer to a bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Serve immediately garnished with sev.
Image source: Getty Images
Video source: Tarla Dalal/YouTube
Published: April 22, 2016 11:52 pm