This fish biryani is easy to prepare, extremely flavourful and aromatic dish. Full of protein, vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids, fish, has an array of health benefits. It can boost good cholesterol in your body and prevent cardiovascular disease. Even though it is a biryani, it is made using only a tablespoon of oil. You may also want to try this healthy Kerala fish curry.
- 400 g fish fillets (cut into 1 and 1/2 inch pieces)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1/4 tsp carom seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 green chillies (slit)
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 medium onions (sliced)
- 1/4 cup fried onions
- 20 fresh mint leaves (torn)
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Place the fish in a non-stick pan, yoghurt, carom seeds, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, green chillies, garlic paste, ginger paste, sliced onions (crushed lightly with hands), fried onions, mint leaves, fresh coriander leaves, lemon juice, salt and mix well.
- Spread the rice over the fish. Spread the remaining yoghurt and sprinkle some salt over the rice. Sprinkle the remaining garam masala powder, fresh mint leaves and some oil.
- Cover and cook on high flame for five minutes. Reduce heat and cook for another ten minutes.
Image source: Shutterstock Images
Video source: Zee Khana Khazana Official Channel
Published: April 21, 2015 7:07 pm