Ramzan is the most awaited month for food lovers. To mark the holy month, we bring you a milkshake recipe that you cannot miss preparing. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, this milkshake can be ideal if you are watching your weight. And also when you break the fast, it can be excellent to boost your energy levels. The dates give the drink a rich taste and make it very filling. Dates are a rich source of iron and anjeer is rich in dietary fibre. 3 pieces of dried figs contain 5 g of fibre, which accounts for about 20% of our daily requirement. Apart from being rich in fibre, dried figs are low in calories. One piece of dried fig gives you just 47 calories. And, you obtain only 0.2 g of total fat per dried fig, says nutritionist Neha Chandna. Walnuts are a good source of vitamin B7. All these ingredients put together makes this milkshake a very healthy and appetising one. You may also want to try this fantastic fruit smoothie.
- 6-7 dates
- 2-3 dry figs
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Place the ingredients in separate bowl and pour hot water in each of the bowls and leave them to soak for 30 minutes.
- Add the dates, dry figs, almonds and walnuts to a blender.
- Then add 1tsp honey to the blender along with 1/2 cup chilled milk and blend all the ingredients well.
- Again pour 2 cups chilled milk to the mixture and blend well.
- Your delicious dry fruit milkshake is ready to serve.
Image source: Getty Images
Video source: Hungry for Goodies/YouTube
Published: July 5, 2016 2:41 pm