What you eat during your pregnancy has a direct effect on the growth and development of your baby. So it is crucial that you include the healthiest and the best foods to boost your child’s growth and to keep yourself healthy to face all the stress and strains of pregnancy and labour. Broccoli is one such food that is packed with an adequate amount of calcium, manganese and potassium and contributes towards stronger bone development in the fetus. If you are not sure how you should include broccoli in your diet, we have an easy recipe for you. It not only tastes good, but it can be prepared in a jiffy. What’s more, you can have it as an accompaniment for both lunch and dinner. You may also want to try organic almond and broccoli soup.
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and freshly ground (kalimirchi) to taste
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onion and saute on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the broccoli and 1/2 cup water and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes while stirring occassionally. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Blend the mixture in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the puree back in the same deep non-stick pan, add the milk, salt and pepper, mix well and bring to boil.
- Serve hot.
Image source: Getty Images (Image used for representational purposes only)
Video source: Tarla Dalal/YouTube
Published: July 20, 2016 4:03 pm