Along with gujiyas, chaats and gol gappas are an inevitable Holi treat. This crisp puchka has potato and chana dal filling, served with a sour tamarind sauce. Chana dal is rich in B-vitamins, which help energise you. It is full of fibre, which helps diabetics to control their blood sugar levels. It also has potassium and folic acid. The fibre in it helps lower cholesterol levels, hence, preventing heart problems. Also, read the calorie count of common street foods of India.
- 24 crisp puris (meant for pani puri)
- 2 tbsp tamarind pulp
- 1 tsp black salt
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup brown gram (kala chana soaked and boiled)
- 2 potatoes (boiled and mashed)
- Take the tamarind pulp in a deep bowl. Add salt, black salt, roasted cumin powder and red chilli powder. Add 4 cups of water and mix. Add ice cubes and mix properly.
- Make a little hole in the puris, put the chana-potato mixture in it, dip them in the stirred prepared water and serve immediately.
Video & Image source: Zee Khana Khazana Official Channel/YouTube
Published: March 4, 2015 4:30 pm | Updated:March 20, 2015 6:12 pm