Do you love puddings? Now give it a healthy twist by preparing it with soy milk and brown rice. While soy milk is naturally low in fat and cholesterol-free, brown rice is rich in fibre and minerals. Here’s the recipe of the yummy pudding.
- 1/2 cup brown rice (soaked for an hour)
- 3 cups soya milk
- 8 tbsp brown sugar
- 8 seedless dates (slivered)
- Add soya milk in a heavy bottom pan. Add brown rice and cook till it is done,
- Add dates and continue to cook till the rice is soft.
- Transfer into four individual serving bowls and let it cool.
- Add 2 tbsp of brown sugar on top of each and caramelise it using a brulee torch.
You may also like to try:
Image source: Shutterstock Images
Video source: Zee Khana Khazana Official Channel/YouTube
Published: July 17, 2015 11:28 am