The actress Shilpa Shetty is the icon of fitness in Bollywood. In her yoga videos, titled ‘Shilpa’s Yoga,’ she not only shows off her svelte post-pregnancy body, but also gives us yoga lessons. In this video, Shilpa performs a set of postures that works out your entire body. Here are benefits of the asanas that she performs:
- Uttanpadasana also known as the leg-raised-pose helps strengthen and tone the muscles of your lower back, pelvis, stomach, abdomen and legs. It is also known to improve digestion and beat problems like constipation and gas due to indigestion. It also improves your posture and helps you boost the functioning of your heart.
- Dhanurasana or bow pose stimulates the organs in the abdomen along while strengthening the muscles of your back. It is also one of the most effective asanas to relieve menstrual pain and discomfort in your stomach.
- Chakrasana, also known as the wheel pose, is a great asana to stretch the spine and relax the muscles of the back. It also helps relax the mind and makes it stress-free. You can also tone your hips and get rid of those dreaded love handles with this asana
- Hastapadasana or standing forward bend helps you get relief from migraine pain. This posture invigorates the nervous system by increasing blood supply and also calms the mind.
- Vakrasana or the twisted pose when done regularly, can help you lose your belly fat. This asana also improves functions of the liver, pancreas and digestive system that are beneficial in treating diabetes.
Image source: Getty Images
Video source: Shilpa’s Yoga/YouTube
Published: January 6, 2015 4:49 pm | Updated:June 11, 2015 6:33 pm