If you are looking for an authentic Italian recipe, this fresh, delicious and healthy pasta is a must try. Whole wheat pasta can easily fill you up and keep you full for a longer period. The herbs enrich the taste and flavour of the dish, and boost its nutritional benefits. You can also try this pasta with red pepper sauce.
- 15 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 200 g whole wheat penne pasta
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium green capsicum (1/2-inch cubes)
- 6 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 tsp crushed red chillies
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 6 broccoli (small florets and blanched)
- Salt to taste
- Boil plenty of water in a deep pan and cook pasta in it till it is firm.
- Heat olive oil in a wok. Add garlic and saute till golden.
- Add capsicum and cherry tomatoes and continue to saute.
- Add salt, crushed red chillies and dried mixed herbs (oregano and basil) and stir.
- Drain the pasta and add to the wok. Add broccoli and mix.
- Serve hot.
Image source: Getty Images
Video source: Zee Khana Khazana Official Channel/YouTube
Image for representation only
Published: May 6, 2015 10:55 am | Updated:May 6, 2015 10:56 am