Don’t you wish there was this one easy thing you could to do to lose weight, make your skin clear and stay healthy? I sure do! While exercising and eating healthy is one tedious way to do it, using Ayurveda is another great way. Ayurvedic practitioners recommend using various spices such as cumin, fennel, corriander, ginger, black pepper, cardamamom and cinnamon — all ingrediets we commonly use in Indian dishes — to detox, cleanse your system and lose weight.
These spices are known to not only to improve digestion and get rid of toxins from your body, but also to help clear up your skin (due to their antibacterial properties), lose weight and keep a check on your blood pressure.
In this video by AditiCooks, she shows you how to make this amazing tea that you can sip on throughout your day to effectively cleanse your body and lose weight. Here’s how you make this tea:
- 1 teaspoon of cumin or jeera seeds
- 1 teaspoon of whole corriander or dhania seeds
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds or saunf
- Two thin slices of fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper corns
- 5-7 cloves
- 2, one inch shards of cinnamon
- 1 litre of water
- Boil the water and add all the ingredients mentioned.
- Let the mixture come to a rolling boil and leave it for about five to ten minutes.
- Next, allow it to steep for another 10 minutes.
- Once ready strain the mixture and drink it when it is still warm.
So what are you waiting for? Try it and let us know if it worked for you.
You may also like to read:
How cinnamon tea can help you lose weight.
Why fennel seeds are the perfect spice for your life
Image source: Shutter Stock Images
Video source: YouTube/AditiCooks
Published: July 1, 2015 4:02 pm | Updated:July 2, 2015 7:23 am