If you are looking for a healthy wrap, this one is for you. Prepared with methi and moong sprouts, this wrap is loaded with fibre. It is a whole-wheat wrap which makes it a diabetes-friendly dish. You can enjoy this as a one dish meal as it is quite satiating.
- 1 cup finely chopped fenugreek leaves (methi)
- 1 cup boiled sprouted moong (whole green gram)
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder(haldi)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
For the garlic onion spread:
- Heat the oil in a small broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the garlic and onions and saute on a medium flame for 1 minute or till the onions turn light brown in colour.
- Combine the sauteed garlic and onions with the curd in a deep bowl.
- Add the chilli powder, asafoetida and salt and mix well.
- Divide the spread into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
For methi and moong sprouts stuffing:
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies and saute on a medium flame for 15 seconds.
- Add the fenugreek leaves and saute on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the sprouted moong, turmeric powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
How to proceed:
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and lightly cook each chapati on it on both sides.
- Place the chapati on a clean, dry surface and spread 1 portion of the methi and moong sprouts in the centre of the chapati.
- Spread 1 portion of the garlic onion spread evenly over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 3 more wraps.
- Serve immediately
If you are a diabetic, you may also want to try:
Image for representation only
Image source: Getty Images
Video source: Tarla Dalal/YouTube
Published: August 13, 2015 4:27 pm | Updated:April 7, 2016 9:50 am