Also Read - 6 morning habits that can make you gain weight
Losing weight is all about sheer dedication and lots of hard work. And if you are on a heavier side or have any health problem, then it becomes way more difficult to hit the gym. Moreover, suffering from a health problem also restricts you physically to perform certain exercises that can help you shed extra pounds. However, if you really want to lose weight, then nothing can stop you from achieving your weight loss goal. This rule applies even to people suffering from arthritis. Most people think that losing weight in arthritis can be difficult as even the simplest of movements can be hard to perform. But that is not true. Also, it doesn’t mean people with arthritis who are looking to lose weight should miss out on doing some exercises. Here are a number of simple exercises you can still do to strengthen upper body and lower body. Here are few things you must know before you start exercising with arthritis. Also Read - Not able to lose weight? Biggest workout mistakes that are killing your results
Armchair Arm Work
- Holding weights at your sides, palms facing upward, bend your elbows, bringing your hands up.
- Keeping your arms by your side, lower your hands slowly and repeat.
- With an exercise band across your shoulder blades, rest your arms at your sides with elbows bent.
- Raise one arm out while straightening your elbow and turning the palm down.
- Rest that arm, then repeat with the other arm in a boxing motion.
Horizontal Arm Pull
- Gripping an exercise band, extend arms forward, palms down.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together while pulling your arms out to the side.
- Slowly return to starting position and repeat.
These three exercises can help you strengthen your bicep muscles, triceps, upper back and shoulders. So if you are planning to lose weight and tone your body and think that you can’t exercise, then do try these exercises to know the difference all by yourself. Read about simple hand exercises to relieve arthritis symptoms.
With inputs from ANI
Image Source: Shutterstock