- Health A-Z
- Health Summit 2021
- Diet & Fitness
- Home Remedies
Are you following a strict diet and still getting out of shape? It's time to ditch the diet and follow some smart ways to get rid of those extra pounds quickly.
Weight loss guru Steve Miller says ditching the diet can help if certain rules are followed in day-to-day life, reports mirror.co.uk. Here are some tricks that can help you lose weight effectively without starving on stringent diet.
1. Carry a mirror: It s really important to watch portion sizes if you want to lose those extra kilos. To help you do this, carry a mirror everywhere you go. This will remind you of how fat you are, and you will automatically be motivated to eat less.
2. Be your own weight loss whip: You need to motivate yourself religiously to lose weight. You need to whip yourself into controlling your eating as you can get carried away with foods very easily.
3. Ditch the fat feeding excuse: Year after year, many people say, 'Oh I ve put on so much weight over Christmas, I may as well eat what I want.' This is just an excuse. Stop making them. Always remind yourself to stop eating when you feel full, and then take your mind into something non-food related.
4. Keep food hidden or don't buy it at all: You won't be able to resist if you have chocolates and biscuits lying around the house. It is therefore best to not purchase foods which would hinder your weight loss goals. Read more about 6 beauty benefits of oatmeal you ought to know!
5. Ditch diets: The first and immediate step is never ditch junk food altogether. Instead, live each day eating healthily 80 per cent of the time and eating some junk for 20 per cent of the time. Also try these low calorie South Indian recipes to lose weight.
6. Steer clear of conflicts: After the stresses of the holidays, new year can be the time of year when we rub each other up the wrong way and end up having a number of verbal brawls. Steer clear of them, otherwise you will probably end up comfort eating. Bite your tongue and walk away as soon as you sense you are about to throw a verbal bullet.
7. Carry a warning sign: Make yourself a credit card size warning sign that reads, 'if you are fat, think before eating'. Look at it before you eat to help you control what you consume, and how much.
8. Try on the frock: Just before you sit down to eat at home, get to your the bedroom and try on that dress you are desperate to fit into. Let it motivate you to control your food intake. You may also read how to lose weight and keep it off permanently.
9. Practise yoga and meditation
Priya Kathpal, a renowned nutritionist says, Taking deep breaths, meditating and certain yoga poses can actually help you reduce cravings by lowering your stress levels. Take few minutes every day to do some deep breathing if not more . The best part of yoga is that it stretches your entire body and helps you cut down flab from any part of the body. In this video, Shilpa Shetty teaches you how to tone your abs.
Join us on