- Health A-Z
- Diet & Fitness
- Diabetes Mein Immunity
- MY MONEY
- Home Remedies
- Web Stories
Feasting during the upcoming festive season is going to be inevitable. Unfortunately, most of our prasads, dinner/snack/lunch recipes and even foods that some of us eat during our fasting, are all unhealthy, deep-fried, sugary, with zero-nutrition but incredibly tasty. Is it really fair to subject our body to this binge-eating in the name of religion and festivals? This Navratri, let's try making a change in our thinking. Here are 5 ways to have a healthy Navratri. To begin, try making this delicious kofta curry that has the goodness of pista, cashews and paneer. Did you know the health benefits of pistachios can help you beat diabetes and heart disease? No doubt, it is rich, so the best bet, as is the case with any food, would be to have it in moderation. Here is the Pistewali Shahi Kofte recipe of Maharaj Hemaram Choudhary, corporate chef of Rasovara restaurant.
For the koftas
1 cup grated paneer (cottage cheese)
cup grated mawa
3 tbsp flour
1 tsp chopped cashew
1 tsp chopped pista
1/2 tsp baking powder
salt to taste
oil for frying
For the curry
1/2 cup pistachios , blanched and peeled
1/4 cup chopped coriander (dhania)
4 green chillies
2 tbsp water
1 cup curd
2 large onions
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1.2 tsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp cream
tsp red chilli powder
tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp white pepper powder
1 tsp garam masala
tsp kasoori methi
1 tbsp ghee
For the kofta
1)Take grated mawa, flour, grated paneer, chopped cashew, chopped pista, baking powder and salt in a plate and knead it to make a soft dough.
2) Make small round balls and fry it.
3) Place on absorbent paper and keep aside.
4) Put fried kofta in warm water for 10-15 minutes and drain it.
For the curry
1) Take the blanched pistachio, green chilli, water and grind it into a fine paste. Keep aside.
2) Grind the onions into a coarse paste and keep aside.
3) In a small pan, fry the cashews and keep aside.
4) Add ghee in a pan. For tempering, put cumin seeds. Allow it to crackle and then add the ginger garlic paste and saut for 2-3 minutes.
5) Add the onion paste, salt and saut for 3- 4 minutes.
6) Add the white pepper powder, black pepper, turmeric, red chilli powder, kasuri methi, garam
masala and saut for few minutes.
7) Add the prepared pista paste, cream and mix well. Add the koftas, fried cashews and mix.
8) Garnish with chopped pistachios and coriander.
You must also try : Spicy potato healthy recipe
Image source: Shutterstock
Follow us on