- Health A-Z
- Diet & Fitness
- Home Remedies
I was amused when I first heard of cauliflower rice. Cauliflower is not only low in carbohydrates but also has numerous health benefits. Here are some health benefits of cauliflower you need to know. So the next time you go shopping, stock your fridge with cauliflower. Moreover, if you are running out of time, then cauliflower rice can come to your rescue. By adding loads of fresh vegetables and a dash of spices, you are all set to enjoy a tasty recipe. This healthy recipe goes well as a side dish or a quick snack to fill you up when you do not have anything at home. The best about this is you can prepare cauliflower rice and store in the fridge and use it when required. So let's get started wit this quick and healthy vegetable cauliflower rice recipe.
2 cups of 1-inch cauliflower florets
1 teaspoon of minced ginger
1 teaspoon of finely chopped garlic
1/2 cup of thinly sliced carrots
1/2 cup of boiled corn
1/2 cup of fresh peas
2 tablespoons of finely chopped onions
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/8 teaspoon of garam masala
1/8 teaspoon of turmeric powder
1/8 teaspoon of jeera powder
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Coriander leaves (fresh and chopped)
Salt to taste
Steps to prepare:
1. For cauliflower rice, put cut cauliflower florets in a grinder and pulse till it resembles rice. Take it in a clean bowl. (You can even store it by transferring the content into a clean plastic bag and placing it in the fridge). Also read about how to store cut vegetables the right way.
2. In a skillet, add one tablespoon of olive oil and finely chopped onions. Saute the onions and then add one teaspoon of minced ginger and one teaspoon of finely chopped garlic, mix properly.
3. Now add thinly sliced carrots, 1/2 cup of boiled corn and 1/2 cup of fresh peas and cook on low flame until the vegetable turn tender. Make sure you keep constantly stirring so that all the vegetables are properly cooked.
4. After 4- 5 minutes, add cauliflower rice and mix all the ingredients properly. Now add garam masala, turmeric powder and jeera powder and mix.
5. Cook till the cauliflower is tender for 2 minutes. Now, add salt to taste and stir once to make sure all the ingredients are mixed properly. Now, switch off the stove and add lemon juice. Mix and sprinkle fresh and chopped coriander leaves to garnish, vegetable cauliflower rice is ready to serve.
6. You can eat it as a snack or as a side dish. It also tastes good with rotis, when served hot.
Also read about reasons you shouldn t throw away cauliflower leaves.
Image Source: Shutterstock
Follow us on