- Health A-Z
- Health Summit 2021
- Diet & Fitness
- Home Remedies
Having eggs and toast in the morning can help you to start your day on a healthy note as it not only provides proteins but also carbohydrates. A complete meal. Moreover, the fact that eggs are easy-to-make and can act as a saviour when you ar pressed for time, anytime and anywhere. However, eating boiled eggs with a dash of pepper day in and day out might become quite staid. So this time, instead of going in for eggs and toast in the morning, try this simple, tasty and healthy egg mushroom salad. Well, it has an added advantage as well because eggs are rich in iodine so getting your daily dose of iodine won't be a problem. Here are some sources of iodine you must include in your diet! Ms Lalitha Subramanyam, Chief Nutritionist at Grow Fit shares iodine-rich egg mushroom salad recipe which can help you to prevent iodine deficiency. Also read about 9 signs your body is screaming for iodine.
1 cup of mushrooms
1 cup of chopped onions
2 tablespoons of olive oil
th cup of chopped fresh coriander leaves
A pinch of salt
A pinch of black pepper powder
Steps to prepare:
1. Hard boil the eggs and cut the eggs into four equal halves.
2. Now, in a pan, stir fry the mushrooms (you can cut them into two halves or cut it into small pieces).
3. After a minute, add a cup of finely chopped onions (you can also use onion rings if you like it) to mushrooms and mix it properly. Take the ingredients off the stove.
4. In a bowl, add eggs, mushrooms and onions. Mix all the ingredients properly. Now, add two tablespoons of olive oil and toss it.
5. Sprinkle freshly chopped coriander leaves and mix it properly.
6. Finally, add some salt and black pepper powder, mix and serve it.
1. The recipe is not only healthy and tasty but is also easy-to-cook. The preparation time is hardly 15 - 20 minutes.
2. It is best to use rock salt (known as saindhava lavana) as according to Ayurveda it helps in balancing all the doshas and also plays a special role in overcoming iodine deficiency.
3. You can also have it as a snack in the evening hours as it also keeps you full for long and prevents you from bingeing. Here are 7 yummy Indian salads you MUST have on your dinner table.
Image Source: Shutterstock
Read this in Hindi
Join us on