- Health A-Z
- Diet & Fitness
- Home Remedies
If you are bored of eating paneer bhurji or palak paneer, then here is a tasty and healthy paneer recipe you should try! Don't be baffled by the long list of ingredients as it is not only rich in flavour but loaded with the health benefits of paneer and Indian spices. So if you are planning to cook a heavy lunch for a weekend or cook specially for your loved one, this vegetarian recipe is a must try. Here are the ingredients and steps to prepare butter paneer masala curry. You may also try these 6 tasty, low-calorie paneer recipes
Paneer: 250 gms (cut into cubes)
Cream: 1 tablespoon
Cashew nuts: 15-20, soaked in water
Ginger: 1-inch size
Garlic: 4-5 cloves
Onion: 1 cup (Finely chopped)
Tomatoes: 2 cups (Finely chopped)
Cinnamon (Dalchini): 1 Inch stick
Cloves (Laung): 3-4
Bay Leaf (Tej Patta): 1
Cumin Seeds (Jeera): 1 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder: 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder (Haldi): 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder): 2 teaspoons
Garam Masala: 1 teaspoon
Kasuri Methi: 1 tablespoon (crushed properly)
Salt: As per taste
Butter: 2 tablespoon
Coriander leaves - 1 tablespoon (finely chopped)
Steps to prepare:
1. In a pan, add 1 tablespoon of butter and when it starts to melt, add cumin seeds. When the seeds start to splutter, add whole spices (cardamom, cinnamon and cloves). Fry on a low flame for a minute or two.
2. Now, add chopped ginger and garlic to the spices. Cook till the raw smell goes off. Add chopped onions and cook till it turns slightly brown in colour.
3. Add tomatoes and cook till it becomes soft. Once done, add cashew nuts and a pinch of salt. Transfer the ingredients to a blender to make a fine paste.
4. Take another pan, add a teaspoon of butter. Now add bay leaf and red chilli powder and fry for a minute. Add the onion and tomato paste and cook for 3- 5 minutes.
5. Now add garam masala, coriander powder and turmeric powder to the mixture. Add a tablespoon of cream, mix and allow it to cook for a minute. Add paneer cubes, mix properly and cook for 2 - 3 minute. Now add kasuri methi and garnish it with coriander leaves. Serve hot with rotis, paratha or jeera rice.
Here is a healthy recipe Paneer Shashlik with BBQ sauce
Image Source: Shutterstock
Read this in Marathi
Join us on