Healthy monsoon recipe -- Tomato corn soup
A hot soup recipe to keep you warm in the monsoons.
A hot bowl of soup can instantly lift your mood and help beat the monsoon blues. This recipe uses tomato and corn that have antioxidants and vitamins to pack a healthy punch. Here is the recipe.
- 1.25 cups diced tomatoes
- 1.25 cup fresh corn
- 1/2 onion (minced)
- 1 cup skimmed milk
- 3 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 3 and 1/2 green onions with stalk (chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pot and saut onions and garlic.
- Add tomatoes, cook well for about 3 minutes.
- Add corn and milk together to this pot, stir well.
- Slowly bring to boil on medium flame.
- Reduce the heat, add green onions, salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 5 minutes till the soup combines well.
- Serve hot with a multigrain soup stick.
Image source: Shutterstock (Image for representation only)
For more articles on healthy recipes, visit our healthy recipes section. For daily free health tips, sign up for our newsletter. For health related Q&A, click here!
Total Wellness is now just a click away.
Follow us on