- Health A-Z
- Health Summit 2021
- Diet & Fitness
- Home Remedies
It s that time of the year where everyone indulges in parties; get togethers, vacations, and more to celebrate the year end. With lip-smacking snacks and booze around, it's hard to resist, which ultimately leads to overindulging in food and drinks. Moreover, the after party detox and the strict diet routine can be difficult. Ms Kanchan Naikawadi, Preventive Healthcare Expert, Indus Health Plus, says, 'At the end of the year, everybody gets busy planning the parties and their health and routine goes haywire. People, in their enjoyment get accustomed to booze and spicy rich food which can have a negative effect on the health in the longer run. One should go for damage control by preparing a healthy party planner to prevent the post party sluggish effects to enjoy the festive and party season.' Also read about how to set your body clock for a healthy sleep cycle. Ms Kanchan Naikawadi, Preventive Healthcare Expert, Indus Health Plus Lends few quick insights on how to smartly plan for upcoming party season so that you can enjoy to the fullest.
Before a party: 1. Drink loads and loads of water. Have more of organic food including leafy vegetables and get enough sleep. It will keep you active during the party by adopting these habits along with retaining the glow.
2. During this time, try not to smoke and limit the intake of caffeinated beverages and alcohol because it disturbs the liver s detoxification process which might create a problem later.
3. Opt for dry body brushing before you bathe to improve blood circulation and also lymph fluids for a glowing skin. Relaxing in a sauna or regular steam baths are also effective ways to release toxins from the body through sweat.
4. Involve yourself in any dance workouts like Zumba or aerobics which will help you to burn the calories during the party. Here's how to dance away the weight with Zumba!
5. Include healthy snacks like nuts, seeds, fruits, etc. in your diet which helps you limit your caloric intake without weighing you down.
During a Party: 1. It is essential to know your limits while drinking and stay hydrated at the same time. Over-drinking alcohol can dehydrate your body and can make you lethargic, which in turn can hinder your enjoyment. Here are a few tips to avoid binging at parties.
2. High protein foods such as cheese and peanuts are not just an appetiser but also helps to slow down the absorption of alcohol into the circulatory system. Don t gulp but sip your drink and savour it as it makes the effect to last long, ensuring you drink less.
3. Eat the right kind of food that will absorb the alcohol properly and keep you healthy. Since drinkers mostly prefer snacks, make sure to prefer those with whole grains and polyunsaturated fats like omega-3 fatty acids, which are found in nuts and seeds. Also read about expert tips to eat healthy in a pub!
Post a Party: 1. Post party and festivities, your body is already dealing with an excess of sugar. Hence, avoid foods loaded with sugar and consume more of plain fluid liquids like green tea and fresh fruit juices.
2. Start your day with warm water, honey and fresh lemon an hour before your breakfast to keep your digestive system on track. This is because it is important to ease your digestive tract and flush all the toxins consumed during a party.
3. Include yoga and meditation activities in your regular regime to stay active. Moreover, it also helps you to tone up and burn the calories which you have gained during the party.
4. Pamper your skin by applying natural masks containing fuller s earth or multani mitti and washing your face 2-3 times a day. Also, up the nutrient intake by including fruits and salads in your diet. Image Source: Shutterstock
Read this in Hindi.
Join us on