Want to ease your depression? Here are 5 offbeat ways
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), depression is one of the most common illnesses and a leading cause of disability. The WHO estimates that globally, 350 million people are affected by it. Certainly, the figures are scary. Studies observed that depression is more common among women compared to men. Depression is a mood disorder wherein one tends to feel persistently low and a sad. It is not a passing problem but a persistent one which lasts for approximately 6 to 8 months.
If you are depressed you will lose interest in the activities you enjoyed earlier, you will find it difficult to sleep, no sexual desire, weight loss, loss of appetite, you will feel fatigue, worthless and guilty. Furthermore, you will find it difficult to concentrate and focus which will lower your productivity. But now, you don t have to worry, we tell you how to deal with depression.
- Your house should be clean: Depression, hatred, and bad energy all have one thing in common; they love clutter, make a home and never leave. If your surrounding is clean and clutter-free it will help be beneficial for your mind as you will be able to focus and thrive.
- Watch what goes into your mouth: What you eat is interlinked with your mind. If you disrespect your nutrition needs by loading yourself with starch, soda and junk, then you will not be able to fight depression. It is essential to eat green leafy vegetables, get your daily dose of vitamin B and to stay hydrated.
- No more drama: Eliminate those annoying dramatic people and that drama from your life and try to get rid of it as much as possible. A life free of drama is healthy.
- Stay in touch with your friends: Surround yourself with people who make you laugh even when you don t want to. Avoid isolating yourself. If you reconnect with your friends you will be able to rejuvenate your soul and stay energized.
- You can watch funny flicks: Doing so will energize you and can perk up your mood. This will help surely lower your depression.
Stay Tuned to TheHealthSite for the latest scoop updates
Join us on