- Health A-Z
- Diet & Fitness
- MY MONEY
- Home Remedies
- Web Stories
Ever wondered there could be a simple home remedy to get your sex life on track? Well, drinking a glass of honey with warm water and lemon can aid weight loss is still not clear, but drinking pomegranate juice might improve your sex life. And what's more, research has proved that a glass of pomegranate juice not only improves libido in men but also helps you to fight erectile dysfunction and also increase testosterone levels. Here's why every man should drink a glass of a pomegranate juice.!
1. Increases libido: According to researchers from Queen Margaret University in Edinburgh, pomegranate juice can act as a natural aphrodisiac and increase sexual desire in both the sexes. It not only improves secondary sexual characteristics in men but also enhances sexual urge. The study revealed that men and women who drank a daily glass of pomegranate juice for at least 15 days showed a surge in the hormone testosterone, which is known to increase libido. Here more on how pomegranate juice can help to deal with low sex drive.
2. Improves sperm quality: A 2008 study published in the Journal Clinical Nutrition found that drinking a glass of pomegranate juice every morning not only improves sperm quality but also improves sex drive. The study results showed that it also increases sperm concentration and sperm motility along with improving spermatogenic cell density and germinal layer thickness, which aid in the production of sperms. Moreover, it also showed a decrease in the abnormal sperm count as compared to those who didn't drink pomegranate juice . You might also like to know about scientifically proven ways to improve sperm count.
3. Helps to deal with ED: Yes, it is proved in a 2007 study published in the Internal Journal of Impotence Research , which stated that pomegranate juice helped to overcome impotence in men. The study was done on 42 men suffering from erectile dysfunction (ED), who consumed pomegranate juice for four weeks only to show better performance in bed. This is because, pomegranate juice contains nitrates which not only improve blood flow to the genitals but also reduce oxidative stress, which can lead to ED.
Note: If you are taking any medications, especially for ED, then it is advised to consult your doctor before trying out this natural remedy.
1. T rk G, S nmez M, Aydin M, Y ce A, G r S, Y ksel M, Aksu EH, Aksoy H. Effects of pomegranate juice consumption on sperm quality, spermatogenic cell density, antioxidant activity and testosterone level in male rats. Clin Nutr. 2008 Apr;27(2):289-96. doi: 10.1016/j.clnu.2007.12.006. PubMed PMID: 18222572.
2. Forest CP, Padma-Nathan H, Liker HR. Efficacy and safety of pomegranate juice on improvement of erectile dysfunction in male patients with mild to moderate erectile dysfunction: a randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blind, crossover study. Int J Impot Res. 2007 Nov-Dec;19(6):564-7. Epub 2007 Jun 14. PubMed PMID: 17568759.
Image Source: Shutterstock
Read this in Marathi
Read this in Hindi
Follow us on