- Health A-Z
- Diet & Fitness
- Diabetes Mein Immunity
- MY MONEY
- Home Remedies
- Web Stories
People do experience small burns at home, especially in the kitchen due to boiling water or oil. When such things do happen, quick usage of certain home remedies do help. Here are some of them:
1. Aloe vera: It is great for healing and soothing burns. Directly apply aloe vera gel on the burn. Its soothing and rejuvenating properties will help cool the burned skin. Since the active ingredient (acemannen) breaks down quickly, fresh inner leaf fillets are much preferred. Fresh aloe vera quickly soothes painful burns and often heals even serious burns with little or no scarring.
2. Honey: This is a common home remedy used for burns and covering the burns with honey has been shown to produce less scarring. Raw honey has wonderful antiseptic and healing properties.
3. Diluted vinegar: A wonderful and widely available household first-aid item for healing and soothing burns is diluted vinegar. Cover the burn area with a cloth soaked in diluted vinegar. Refresh the vinegar compress as often as needed, especially if the pain becomes stronger again.
4. Diluted lavender oil: This is also known to help reduce the pain. A combination of aloe vera gel, vitamin C, lavender oil and vitamin E can work as a good salve that can be applied through the day.
5. Banana peels: Sometimes, placing a banana peel on the burned area of the skin till it becomes black has proved beneficial for burn injuries.
6. Yogurt: This also makes a person feel better but you should wait for at least 30 minutes before you apply this.
7. Olive oil: This too brings relief.
In case the burns are more severe, please do consult a doctor.
Image source:Getty Images
For more natural remedies, check out our natural remedies section. For daily free health tips, sign up for our newsletter.
Follow us on