Don’t Miss Out on the Latest Updates.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter Today!
- Health A-Z
- Diet & Fitness
- THS Health Summit
- Healthy Relationships
- Web Stories
- Women's Health
- Home remedies
Winter can be harsh on curly hair. The dry weather can make the texture of curly hair rough and dry in winter. Curly hair, as it is, lacks moisture and oil. So in order to make it healthy, nourished and manageable, curly hair needs to be treated with special care. Shahnaz Husain gives you simple tips to keep frizz and dryness away from your curly hair.
1. Do hot oil therapy- Heat coconut oil and apply on hair and scalp. Then dip a towel in hot water, squeeze out the water and wrap the hot towel around the head, like a turban. Keep it on for 5 minutes. Repeat the hot towel wrap 3 or 4 times. This helps the hair and scalp absorb the oil better. Here are some winter beauty tips by Shahnaz Husain.
2. Dry the hair naturally- To dry the hair after shampooing, wrap the towel around the head to absorb water. Comb out the tangles with a wide-toothed comb, starting from the ends and working upwards. Allow the hair to dry naturally.
3. Wash with mild herbal shampoos- Use less shampoo and rinse well with water. Curly hair should be washed twice a week in winter.
4. Use a creamy conditioner- After shampoo, apply a creamy conditioner. Avoid applying near the roots and scalp. This can clog the pores and make the hair oily. Apply conditioner on the ends too, to avoid split ends and make the curls smooth. Leave on for two minutes and rinse off with plain water.
5. Use hair serum- You can also apply a few drops of hair serum to make the hair smooth and shiny. Hair serum may be applied to wet or dry hair.
6. For instant smoothness- To smoothen curly hair, mix some water with creamy hair conditioner and put it in a spray bottle. Spray the mixture on the hair. Then comb the hair, so that it spreads through the hair.
7. Apply aloe vera- Aloe vera is a powerful moisturiser and hair softener. Apply on the hair and wash off with plain water after 20 minutes.
8. Do hair spa- You can also take hair spa treatments. This entails oil massage, exposing the hair to steam, application of hair packs and so on. It helps to improve the texture of the hair and add shine to damaged hair.
9. Set your hair with rollers- Roller setting is a way of settling your curls, or making the hair curly or wavy. This is temporary and the set may last till the next shampoo. Use large rollers for curly hair and dampen the hair before setting.
Image source: Shutterstock