- Health A-Z
- Diet & Fitness
- MY MONEY
- Home Remedies
- Web Stories
Coriander leaves are commonly used to garnish curries and dals, which also improves the taste and flavour of the food. However, what is more exciting about this green leafy vegetable is the fact that it can help you to deal with a common winter problem -- dry skin. Moreover, coriander leaves also helps you to treat common skin problems namely acne and blackheads naturally. So this winter, before spending on those expensive branded creams to moisturise dry skin, try this effective natural remedy, which can be easily made at home.
How to use it?
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to prepare coriander face pack for dry skin  -
1. Take a handful of fresh coriander leaves and add it in a grinder. Add some water to the leaves and grind to make a thin paste.
2. Now, take a muslin cloth or use a strainer to separate juice. Take a spoonful of coriander juice in a bowl and add a pinch of turmeric powder to the juice. Mix it properly until the powder is not seen.
3. Apply the mixture on the face. However, make sure you wash the face with plain water before using the mixture.
4. As you have to leave the mixture for quite some time, it is advised to apply it at night before hitting the sack.
5. Wash your face with cold water the next morning. Do this every day for effective results.
How does it work?
Coriander leaves, when mixed with turmeric powder, acts as an effective home remedy for dry skin. Coriander leaves help in cleaning the dirt by blocking the pores of the skin. Moreover, coriander leaves contain volatile oils, which not only moisturises the skin but also acts as a powerful antioxidant agent. And turmeric also helps in shrinking large pores thereby aiding in retaining moisture. It also acts as an antiseptic agent which prevents acne and pimples. In addition to this, also eat these 7 foods to heal insanely dry skin.
1. Bakhru, H. K. (2001). Indian Spices & Condiments as Natural Healers. Jaico Publishing House.
Image Source: Shutterstock
Read this in Marathi
Follow us on